Giant's Defy Advanced SL 1 brings comfort to the race course. The Defy Advanced SL 1 boasts a tuned carbon layup, tall head tube and relaxed geometry that offer new levels of comfort and control. Giant's full carbon OverDrive 2 tapered fork nullifies road buzz and guides you with authority. The wheelset does, too, with Giant's P-SLR1 hoops and tires loving the corners and keeping your rolling resistance low. Plus, Shimano's legendary Ultegra Di2 electronic drivetrain provides pro-level shifting and braking. Of course, the Giant carbon finishing kit perfectly matches a bike of this caliber.
Giant's Advanced frame features high-quality carbon formed into a frame through cutting-edge construction techniques. Raw T-700 carbon is carefully woven in Giant's own composite factory, then handcrafted into framesets utilizing Giant's advanced monocoque construction technique. This produces a light, stiff and compliant frameset worthy of the Giant name.
In addition to the superior carbon construction, Giant's Advanced frames boast the following technologies to make your ride better than ever!
1. Vector seatpost - in addition to saving weight, Giant's Vector seatpost improves aerodynamics and offers 2 offset options (10mm and 23mm).
2. Custom tubing - Giant layers over 500 individual, hand-cut carbon swatches to fine tune each frame's ride quality. This results in maximum function with wonderful all-day comfort.
3. Overdrive 2 - Giant's headtube and fork steerer tapers from 1 1/4-inch at the the top to 1 1/2-inch at the bottom for pinpoint steering, lateral stability and superb torsional stiffness.
4. Less is More - Giant engineers use Finite Element Analysis so every inch of their Advanced frames have exactly the perfect amount of carbon for the lightest weight with the highest function.
5. Powercore - through the use of an integrated 86mm wide bottom bracket and asymmetrical chainstays, the Advanced frame features fantastic pedaling stiffness so every watt of effort rockets you forward.
Giant’s RideSense transmitter is seamlessly integrated into the left chainstay to wirelessly send speed and cadence information to any ANT+ compatible computer (the transmitter is easily removed if you choose).
Giant’s OverDrive 2 delivers up to 30%-better cornering and sprinting stiffness and control than non-tapered front ends with:
1/2) 1 ¼-inch/1 ½-inch diameter bearings
3) 1 ¼-inch diameter Giant stem
4) Tapered fork steerer
5) Giant OverDrive steerer plug
This manufacturer's chart helps you evaluate the fit (may show unavailable, and/or not all sizes).
Pedals sold separately.
|Frame||Giant Advanced SL Composite ISP, Compact Road Design|
|Fork||Giant Advanced Composite w/Composite OverDrive 2 steerer|
|Rims/Wheels||Giant P-SLR1 WheelSystem|
|Tires||Giant P-SLR1, 700 x 23c|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Dura-Ace, 10-speed: 11-28|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SLR, composite|
|Stem||Giant Contact SLR Composite, OverDrive 2|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Saddle||Fizik Aliante Gamma|
|Seatpost||Giant Advanced SL Composite, integrated design|
|Accessories & Extras||RideSense ANT+ sensor, 20mm ISP clamps|
* Subject to change without notice.